The TENNESSEE HEAT SPORTS organization exists to offer a competitive athletic experience that instills Biblical values in our athletes, creating champions for Christ for the sake
of His Kingdom.
As a faith based organization, we are intentional about our plans to share the gospel with all who will hear it. We hope to bring unity to the body of Christ and find unity in the following beliefs:
WE BELIEVE …
- … in one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son (Jesus Christ), and Holy Spirit.
- … the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the every words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error and is the final authority of faith and practice.
- … that all people were created in the image of God to have fellowship with him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
- … that Jesus Christ (the Son of God) became flesh to reveal God to humanity and to become the Savior to a lost world. He was crucified on a cross and died, yet three days later, he arose from the grave. He later ascended to heaven and will one day return.
- … that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, God freely offers salvation to those who place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
- … in the bodily resurrection of all men, to the eternal communion with God for the believer, and the eternal separation from God for the unbeliever.
- … that every Christian should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer should mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
- … that even though the Tennessee Heat Sports organization is not organized as a local church, we purposefully seek to be an extension of Christ’s church to bring those dead in sin back to life through a right relationship with Christ.